Ausnutria Australia understands the importance of doing what we can to provide a safe environment for employees, customers and all service providers throughout the country in order to help limit the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19.
The COVID-19 outbreak has escalated quickly affecting our Global community in multiple ways.
We’re closely monitoring and evaluating the COVID-19 situation globally and are taking all necessary precautions and safety measures throughout our entire business. These are based on recommendations from the Australian government and the World Health Organisation. A dedicated COVID-19 mitigation team is keeping track of the global, national and local news to track and communicate the latest developments along with other relevant health-related updates.
We hope you’re safe and well during this strange time and managing to look out for one another. There’s a lot of confusion in the world right now and we wanted to touch base with an update on our end.
Actions that have been implemented throughout the business to date include:
- Increased the focus on cleaning and sanitising procedures within the business with a special emphasis on personal hygiene for all employees and making additional sanitising facilities available throughout the office locations.
- We have required self-isolation from any employee who has travelled overseas or where there was any community transmission or concerns about reporting.
- We have deferred all non-essential work travel interstate or overseas and attendance at any industry or business events.
- Ausnutria Australia and group companies have transitioned into a work-from-home model (for employees whose job roles allow for remote working) for the time being in order to look after the health and safety of our employees, and the community at large.
- For all on-site employees, we have started body temperature monitoring
- For all on-site employees, we have instituted 1.5m distancing discipline.
- Employees are regularly provided with the most up to date information from health authorities on how to monitor for signs of the illness and are asked to refrain from coming into work if they exhibit symptoms or are at risk.
- Employees have also been provided with advisory on restriction of visitors in the workplace and also advising against any domestic or international travel at this stage.
- We have developed a FAQ sheet along with contact details of staff who can be contacted for any discussions or talks regarding the situation and management’s approach at APL.
- We encourage all our co-workers and customers to look after themselves and each other through these times.
Our primary focus during these unprecedented times is the health and safety of all our employees, customers, service providers and products manufactured.
We hope and pray for everyone’s safety and wellness during this strange time and managing to look out for one another. There’s a lot of confusion in the world right now and we to emphasis on staying calm and patient.